Inserting Email attachment

Yimbo 14:17 09 Sep 10

I've just composed a fairly detailed and lengthy email, and I now want to send an attachment with it. Each time I click on the document I wish to attach "send to mail recipient" I get a fresh email page. How do I attach the document to the existing email message before I send it? I'm using OE and XP

Woolwell 14:19 09 Sep 10

See click here and scroll down to attach a file.

Sea Urchin 14:32 09 Sep 10

In the email click the Insert menu - then on File Attachment. Browse to your file you wish to attach and click Attach.

The way you were trying to do it would work, but you would need to write your email message AFTER clicking Send to email recipient.

Yimbo 15:30 09 Sep 10

Thank you very much for your help! Did what you advised - and found it easy to do the job!

A useful web-site too! Thanks!

Yimbo 15:32 09 Sep 10

Ooops - didn't see you post till I made my response above! But thank you too for your help! I really appreciate it!

AroundAgain 23:46 09 Sep 10

I have found it easier to first find the file in Windows Explorer, open Outlook Express and then just click and drag the file over, dropping it in near the subject area. You will get a little + sign when you are in place to attach.

I have to say I find it so much easier than finding my way around the drive paths, as I have a couple of drives etc.

This method works well for Thunderbird too, fyi.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017