Insert rows and columns in Word 2007

osben 17:59 31 Jan 11

Hi

In Word 2007 I have got a table say 7 rows by 7 columns. With the pointer on say row 4 I want to be able to insert a multiple number of rows. Say another six between rows 4 and 3

It seems to me that the only way to insert rows and columns at various points within the table is one at a time.

Is it possible to do the above and if so how. Or is this a short comming of Word 2007.

I hope the above makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated

VoG II 18:22 31 Jan 11

Select the number of rows to insert, right click, Insert > Insert rows below.

osben 13:16 01 Feb 11

Hi VoG™
Thanks for your reply.

That does work but not how I want it to.
It only works if you are outside the existing table. Even then it just adds the rows at the end of the table.

What I want is to insert multiple rows. As I said above - I have got a table say 7 rows by 7 columns. With the pointer on say row 4 I want to be able to insert a multiple number of rows between rows 4 and 3. Say another six between rows 4 and 3

Regards

Woolwell 13:22 01 Feb 11

I don't think that you can have followed VoG™'s method correctly because it works fine for me. Inside the table highlight the number of rows you want to insert starting with the row above which you want to insert then right click and insert rows above or select the right numbers of rows above and insert rows below.

dnjl 18:29 01 Feb 11

Hi

If you get your curser to the end of the row and press c/r (enter) it should put you a row below.

Just do as many c/rs as you want rows.

This worked in Word when I worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…