Insert a picture in body of email- how?

Diemmess 10:05 30 Sep 10

Using XP and BT Yahoo mail

OK with attachments, but totally baulked for the useful trick of putting a picture into the body of the email.
Copy (file)- then no way it seems to Paste the thing!

Nontek 10:09 30 Sep 10

I don't use Yahoo, but does it not give you the options to Add Attachment, or to Insert? Insert is what you need.

gengiscant 10:10 30 Sep 10
  Diemmess 10:52 30 Sep 10

Nontec
I'm OK with attachments. My Yahoo toolbar has no insert button.

gengiscant
Sorry - I had already tried that spate of links.
Most of them seem to say either that it can't be done with Yahoo, or that I need more software (and a better understanding as well)!

Does anyone out there actually do it, with Yahoo and mouse clicks?

gengiscant 11:18 30 Sep 10

I have a Yahoo mail account and have just sent to my gmail account a picture inbedded in the main body. Very simple.

Open a flickr account,yahoo owns them anyway so you can use the same logon as your email account.
Uplaoad your photos then right click/copy the photo you want, then paste image into your email.
Sorted.

Nontek 11:21 30 Sep 10

If I right-click on a picture in My Pictures, I can then highlight Send to ... and then choose Mail Recipient - this then opens my default email program, I then simply complete the email, and send.

The recipient will then receive the picture in the body of the mail.

(XP - Incredimail)

Diemmess 12:01 30 Sep 10

With hindsight it is so easy, just requires a bit of blind faith.
Nontek in describing his way showed me the procedure to be simple but back to front the way I had seen it.

The idea of vaguely putting the picture first and then adding everything else is not the way I usually do email!

Nontek 13:35 30 Sep 10

Glad it seems to have worked for you - the way I described is just 'one' way, which in fact I only rarely use. My normal method is just to click on Insert Picture, within my email program - this brings up a small window showing My Pictures, (I also have the option to add Attachment, as normal) when I do my mails, but I am using Incredimail!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…