Insert Images into Excel page

Furkin 11:35 AM 11 Mar 13

Hi folks,

I want to insert some small/thumbnail images into cells in an Excel page.

Should it be possible to just click ‘Insert’ to drop an image into a cell automatically ?

At the moment, when I insert an image, it just goes onto the page, then I have to resize it to fit over a cell – which the image just sits over – not in.

Thanks

Ian in Northampton 13:06 PM 11 Mar 13

Depending on whether it's important enough to throw money at the problem, this may help. You can try it for free, I think.

Furkin 13:28 PM 11 Mar 13

Thanks Ian,

That program does just what I want - in fact I thought that Excel would already have that application.

As you say - is it important enough to spend money - not in this case. I just want to make a temporary list - with 'reminder' images.

all the best

csqwared 15:01 PM 11 Mar 13

Not sure this is what you want - give it a try.

cell insert

Batch 15:30 PM 11 Mar 13

If you are using Excel to give you cells to put text and pictures in (rather than as a spreadsheet to do calculations etc.) you would be far better off using Word and using Word's Tables capability.

Using Tables in Word you can create a matrix of as many cells across and down as you want (and add more later if required).

Each cell is like a mini-page with the ability to do extensive formatting (e.g. paragraphs, margins, bullets etc. etc.) for each cell AND you can readily insert images.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone