Inno3d G/Card

Smegs 16:03 11 May 06

Hello All.

Can someone shed any light on this please?

I have a Dell Dimension 5000, P4 3Ghz, 1Gb ram, 160 H/Drive running Xp home sp2.

The Pc came with a Ati Radeon x300 128mb PCI-Express(not On-board) approx 14 months ago. I have bought a Inno3d Nvidia 5750 256mb PCI-Express card.

I have fitted the Inno3d card in, the PC boots fine. I put the Driver disk in, install the drivers, re-boot PC, PC freezes as it just gets into Windows. Cant do anything with the PC, apart from press the ON/Off button. I restart the PC in Safe Mode, runs perfect. i goto the Nvidia web site, download the Newest drivers. Install them, same thing happens, FREEZES. Press the ON/OFF button. I then got the Inno3d web site, download thier drivers, install-reboots, freezes.

All the time uninstalling the old drivers first. When there isn't any drivers for the Inno3d on the PC, it runs fine. It's just when the drivers are installed.

In the manual, it states 'Download and Install the Latest PCI-Express Bus drivers' where do I get them from?

It also states 'Set the PCI-Express G/Card Buffer to 64mb or higher from the BIOS'. I have had a look at mine, and I can only change mine to 1mb or 8mb. How do I get this higher, if at all???

Thank you for any Info on this.

splatter 17:32 11 May 06

Run the ATI Catalyst uninstaller to remove 'ALL ATI related files from your system (click here), restart, re-install you nVida drivers and see what happens.

Smegs 19:37 11 May 06

Thanks for that Splatter. Have tried and have FAILED.

Right, in SAFE MODE, with the Inno3d G/card in, I went to DISPLAY-SETTINGS-ADVANCED TAB. then clicked on The Adapter Tab.

In the Adapter Info window, it say's Chip Type, Dac Type, Memory Size, Adapter String and Bios Infomation = ALL UNAVAILABLE.

Then I went to the Resources Tab, and in the Conflicting Device List, It say's:

Input/Output Range 03B0-03BB Used by- Intel 915G/P/GV PCI EXPRESS Root Port-2581

Input/Output Range 03C0-03DF Used By- Intel 915G/P/GV PCI EXPRESS Root Port-2581

Memory Range 000A0000-000BFFFF Used By- Intel 915G/P/GV PCI EXPRESS Root Port-2581.

If anyone can make head or tail of that.

Thank you.

Smegs 23:37 15 May 06

Hello everyone.

Right, over the weekend I was talking to a friend about this card. He told me that he has a friend that has PCI-Express, so I asked if his friend would mind testing the card. His friend said 'No, not a problem'. His friend has also got a Nvidia card already installed.

My friend came round tonight, said his friend had just phoned him to let him know, 'That there is nothing wrong with the card', didn't even need to install the drivers. He could change any of the settings he wanted to.

So, it looks like when I get the card back, I'll be formatting the PC.

Thanks Splatter for trying to help with this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…