inksaver software

Nades 11:00 24 Oct 03

Has anyone tried Inksaver to reduce the use of ink on Epsom? Does it work?

BarryKeith 13:58 24 Oct 03

It works, but you cannot reduce ink consumption by very much before having an adverse affect on your print quality. You should have a facility in your printer driver to do the same thing, I have it on my Canon and expect that it's pretty much universal.

Nades 15:04 24 Oct 03

I wonder if my Epsom has a similar facility?

BarryKeith 17:33 24 Oct 03

The only way to find out is to have a l;ook at your printer settings, check under "Colour Management".

slimpickins 18:38 24 Oct 03

Bulk buying good quality paper works out cheaper IMO.

shazza65 21:06 24 Oct 03

I've got an Epson C42UX and can not believe, also, how much ink it uses - especially the black.

I used to turn my printer off every time I used it but have now left it switched on all the time in the hope it will last.

When I print something now, I go into Properties and click the slider thing to the fastest setting. The printing is OK so long as it is nothing important that requires top quality typeface.

One of the other problems on the forum where talking about expensive ink cartridge replacements for a lexmark. Someone suggested getting compatible ink from a website called "Choice..." something or othe. Sorry can't look back to its name coz I'm typing this, but its on the first page or so of the forum problems under the heading of expensive ink replacements - I THINK!

zanwalk 21:24 24 Oct 03

click here

is what you wish for I believe.

shazza65 21:35 24 Oct 03

yep, that be the site.

kinger 21:59 24 Oct 03

Ink saver works for my HP d145 printer and output is very good with the savings but ... it takes ages to print out a page compared with using your usual driver.

So, if you're not in a hurry, it's excellent.

March Hare 00:25 25 Oct 03

This is an interesting little free utility I use with my Epson C42UX. click here
I use it to avoid the printer declaring that the cartridges are empty, when there is ink left. This works fine, but the program will do much more than this, if you can sort out the rather quaint English (translated from Russian, I believe).

spuds 00:47 25 Oct 03

Serif are selling the Inksaver programme for £9.99 + £5.95 s&h, and they are giving the Serif PhotoManager software, as an added bonus.

Should mention that the sales material states HP,Epson and Canon are compatible with Inksaver, Lexmark is non compatible.

Serif 0800 376 5448 Weekdays 8am-8.45pm Saturdays 8am-4.45pm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac