Inks From Third Parties.

rdave13 08 Sep 12
Answered

Not sure if this should be in consumer watch or speakers corner or even here, but worth reading this blog.

Printing secrets?

lotvic 08 Sep 12

That was interesting. I bought some large bottles of ink about 7/8 years ago when a shop was selling up. Am still using them to refill cartridges that came with Canon MP510, never had a problem so far.

mole1944 09 Sep 12

Many years ago i tried re-filling and using remaufactured cartridges on an Epson printer with no luck at all,since then i got got an HP printer again tried compatable cartridges total rubbish,i now stick to makers own brand.Mind you i'm lucky my buisness means i can claim cost back from my employer.

chub_tor 09 Sep 12

I have been using compatibles in a whole range of printers for the past 10 years and apart from a couple of duds I have had not problem with any of them. I usually buy from Inkredible.

I have attempted refilling but found it messy and inconvenient as I can never seal them as well as the re-manufacturers, consequently they either leak or dry out before I get to use them and I don't have time to do a refill myself when I am in the middle of a print job.

Strawballs 09 Sep 12

I don't mind using compatibles in my HP as the print heads are in the cartridge so if duff just change the cart but my Epson no because I don't want to risk the print heads with naff ink

The Old Mod 10 Sep 12

I've only ever owned Epson printers, about six to date and only ever used compatibles with no problems.

Furkin 10 Sep 12
Answer

I was very reluctant initially, to use 3rd party stuff, but over the years (many of ‘em) I’ve gradually got used to it. I have never had a problem - nor know anyone else that has.
I’m sure that some brands are great,, and like other things,, some makes a carp !

I also collect the ink from – so called – ‘empty’ cartridges, and inject it into the next one.

But BEWARE: If you are considering doing that to save some bucks - not all brands are compatible.

When I recently added some ink to a new one, it turned the ink into a thick paste, and unusable. Obviously, they don’t all mix well. This was the first time it happened, but I have made a mental note to use ‘like with like’, just to get around the compatibility issue.

Mind you - I would have thought that a very slight modification to the base of the cartridges would enable the user to get 99.9% of the ink, instead of throwing it away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS: Tried posting this yesterday – more problems eh ?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message