inkjet refills

gell 08:53 04 Feb 04

Has anyone had experience of refilling inkjet cartridges? Bought a new Epson and the chipped refills are very expensive and thought I might refill.

Lozzy 08:58 04 Feb 04

Try clone cartridges there just as good and half the price. Refilling cartridges can be very messy and costly if spilt on the carpet.

shooter54 09:24 04 Feb 04

i have jr ink jet refills for many years and have found no trouble filling any type of cartridge
if your cartridge is chipped you can buy a hand-held device to reprogramme the catridge.
you can buy one of the hand helds from around £18
hope this helps shooter 54

*Gary* 09:43 04 Feb 04

I usually bought my Epson C80 ink cartridges from PC world but then I was searching the net and found the following site click here It sells clone cartidges which are cheaper than the official 'Epson' cartidges and at the moment some of them are by one get one free. Also Free Delivery.

gell 09:53 04 Feb 04

Thanks. I know I can get compatabiles ,but my last printer was not chipped and the price of chipped refills has been a shock so thought I might try refilling.Tried it some time ago and it was a disaster.

Sheila-214876 10:46 04 Feb 04

Depends on which Epson printer you have but by the time you have bought the refill kit and the chip resetter along with the hassle and mess it may work out cheaper to buy them chipped and ready to use. I get mine from Choice Stationery at click here If you have separate ink tanks they do 1 of each for around £15. If your printer only takes black and colour they do 4 black and 4 colour for around £25.

Never had any problems yet, and they do give a pretty good guarantee.

gell 11:03 04 Feb 04

Thank Ennuyre,
Choice Stationery seem to offer the cheapest refills and seem a good bet.I'll give them a go

breizbloc 11:10 04 Feb 04

I have an Epson C70, and I've just bought refills from a company called 'Cartridge World'
The Black works fine;good density and so on.The Epson colours haven't run out yet,so I can't comment on them.They told me that each cartidge is good for four or five refills.

joe95 12:41 04 Feb 04

Ihave used Cartridge world for 2years now no problems,my local shop also sorted out my printer when I had problems at no charge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…