Inkjet Refill Kits

Dirk Diggler 16:07 23 Apr 07

I have a Lexmark X1270 all-in-one and although it was cheap to buy it has done a sterling job for many a month now - but now comes refill time!!

Now I knew Lexmark cartridges were on the pricey side compared to Epsom etc but have noticed you can buy Inkjet Refill Kits (from Tescos of all places)

My question is: has anyone refilled the carts for an X1270 or used the refill kits and how easy / efficient / cost effective are they? (Okay I know that was more than one question lol)

Many thanks

MAJ 16:11 23 Apr 07

Have you thought about compatibles? click here

Dirk Diggler 16:16 23 Apr 07

I have looked at those but they are still around the £25 mark for a set - bearing in mind I only paid £25 for the all-in-one lol

Will definately go down that road if the refill kits turn out to be a no-go

Thanks

wee eddie 16:17 23 Apr 07

There is a considerable potential to create a great deal of mess with Refill Kits, and does that ink stain!

Wak 16:42 23 Apr 07

Hi, I have been refilling Lexmark cartridges for about 7 years now and must have saved literally hundreds of pounds.
Filling cartridges is only as filthy as you make it and you certainly get a lot faster and cleaner with practise. Best done the first time over a sheet of newspaper near the kitchen sink until you get the hang of it and DON'T let the cartridge fully dry out before filling it
I would suggest that you buy a colour refill kit which should cost you about £8.00 and give it a try.
You should be able to refill the colour cartridge about 10 times depending upon the cartridge, at a cost of £0.80 per cartridge (as opposed to £25/30 for a new one).
Read the instructions, go slow (allow about 15/20 seconds per colour when injecting the ink, take care and you should be OK.
The most you can lose is £8.00 and a bit of time, the gains can be terrific, and a drop of weak bleach or lemon juice will soon clean any inky fingers.

Stuartli 16:58 23 Apr 07

The Tesco refill inkjet bottles are rebadged JR products - or were last time I used them.

Occasionally there is a BOGOF offer on them.

IIRC the Morrison's equivalents are the same, but can't be exact.

By the way I used to use surgical gloves or the clear plastic gloves provided at petrol stations for filling up with diesel fuel to keep the ink off my hands when I refilled a Canon printer's cartridges.

It takes a long time to get rid of the stains...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now