//some 3rd party need geo

Inkjet printing trials

Diodorus Siculus 20:49 11 Feb 05

What ever happened to the trials we were asked to participate in to determine the quality of ink / paper / photos etc?

I can't recall reading up on it? Has it been published yet?

Just curious...

Pesala 21:22 11 Feb 05

I believe it has - on p28 of the recent magazine.

IIRC Djohn met some people in PC World asking about printers, saw them carrying PCA and referred them to the article in which his name was mentioned. I can't find the thread now to check.

CurlyWhirly 22:17 11 Feb 05

I think that the thread in question was deleted.

Djohn 22:44 11 Feb 05

Yes it was. I along with 26 other members of the forum thought it an interesting little tale but apparently someone completely misunderstood the thread, abused me personally, complained to PCA that I was trying to gain publicity for myself and the thread was deleted.

The thread was simply to highlight a coincidence, show other forum members that PCA magazine is well respected regarding their reviews and that the reviews were indeed a blind test.

CurlyWhirly 23:31 11 Feb 05

Yes, it was a shame that the thread was deleted as the chances of ALL those variables coming together again would, I guess, be 1 in a million.

Eargasm 23:44 11 Feb 05

I remember reading that thread and found it an amazing coincidence, but what is more amazing is that it was deleted.

How anyone could complain over that thread is completely beyond me.

CurlyWhirly 23:45 11 Feb 05

How anyone could complain over that thread is completely beyond me.

Beyond me too.

end 01:37 12 Feb 05

the thread in question was posted by Djohn, an extremely well-respected member of this forum who described a fascinating occurrance in a computer shop ;

I have no idea why someone chose to throw derogatory remarks at him that were completely uncalled for and completely unfounded; let alone why, apparently, many forum members requested that it be deleted when, in my ( and many others") view, there was nowt wrong with it

the fact that so many forum members complimented DJ on the occurrance on forum should have "spoken for itself and DJ"

(and, if my comments cause offense to anyone , perhaps they would be kind enough to let me know )

Diodorus Siculus 07:47 12 Feb 05

Thanks for that; I will take a look at the magazine again if I can find it... hopefully the recycling genie was not too enthusiastic this month.

What was that about djohn meeting someone who had the magazine while looking for a printer? It sounds intriguing.

end 11:36 12 Feb 05

"What was that about djohn meeting someone who had the magazine while looking for a printer? It sounds intriguing."

Hi;

yup; the meeting as described by Dj in his thread, was one of those "million-to-one "chances, ; the coincidenses just were incredible ;it happened to be DJohn meeting someone , and a certain forum member was most unpleasant to Dj on forum, then apparently "took great exception" to DJohns fascinating account of that meeting, in the computer store, and complained to the Editorial staff , .

maybe Dj might like to tell us about that meeting again, as , for all those particular "elements" to be "at the same place at the same time", and especially with DJ, is utterly amazing and it was delightful to read the account::)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…