'Inkjet Printable' DVDs

Crazygeorge3 17:33 03 Feb 08

Hello,
I have just bought a packet of DVDs, and they are apparently "Inkjet printable". I as just curious about how you actually print onto them.
Thanks

Technotiger 17:34 03 Feb 08

You would need a printer with CD Print capabilities.

Technotiger 17:34 03 Feb 08

Such as Epson R265 and similar.

Technotiger 17:37 03 Feb 08

click here there are plenty of others and not just Epson.

Stuartli 17:38 03 Feb 08

Plus the software such as EpsonCD to design the CD/DVD cover and provide the required information to the printer.

Unfortunately this software is not available from the Epson website as it's a third party offering - if you have Nero, for instance, there's a similar offering.

Crazygeorge3 17:52 03 Feb 08

i have a lexmark all in one X2450, i take it thats not compatible?
Thanks for the help by the way

Technotiger 19:04 03 Feb 08

I mentioned the R265 because that is what I have - the CD Print software comes with the printer.

Stuartli 20:17 03 Feb 08

The X2450 is not capable of printing to CD/DVDs (at least according to the specifications), but you can use the printable disks i.e burn to them, just as with any other form of CD or DVD media.

The additional cost of printable disks is very modest over the standard type.

Technotiger 20:30 03 Feb 08

... is correct, that particular printer is not capable of direct to CD printing.

Stuartli 23:41 03 Feb 08

I have the R300....:-)

By the way, I never switch it off - avoids the cleaning routine each time you switch it on and saves a lot of ink.

Technotiger 13:02 04 Feb 08

Another grrrreat way to save Ink - when printing Colour Photographs, use the Draft option, not as most people would do, choosing the 'Best' option they can find.

In the Draft print mode, you will be quite surprised at how much better glossy prints look, this is also the best way to get the printed photo looking as near as dammit to how it looks on screen. I print photos this way every time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…