Inkjet printable Cd's

jakimo 18:52 07 Feb 04

Can anyone recommend a CD brand that will produce a vibrant printed disc rather than the dull print finish I'm getting?

SirGalahad2004 18:54 07 Feb 04

are you using labels or printing onto the disc itself ?

jakimo 19:32 07 Feb 04

Printing onto the disc

rickdash 13:55 17 Feb 04

Hi
I use a Mattise Gold printer ( based on epson C62) and have used various makes of CD, I now buy the cheapest avaliable £16.00/100 and get good results. Are you coating the discs after printing ???

jakimo 18:57 17 Feb 04

Thanks, Ill give cheap disc's a try,I have bought some sample packs of Taiyo Yuden printables,the results are very good but expensive.

No I haven't coated the disc's as I read an article that coating can damage the disc,are you saying theres no problem?

esbe 23:18 17 Feb 04

Hi , try Verbatim Data Life Plus cdrs -40x- 700mb, with 'Super AZO technology', whatever that is. They have a printable surface.
cheers.

jakimo 19:22 18 Feb 04

*Super AZO Technology*! with a name like that its got to be worth a try

Thanks.

Bingalau 20:19 18 Feb 04

I have some C.D.'s which look to me as if they are capable of being printed on. But do you need a special printer? As I can't see how they will go through mine. (No I haven't tried). What type of printer do they need? I have been putting labels on mine. Seems easy enough to me but if I am putting them on top of printable C.D.'s It must be more expensive. Then again I can't afford another printer. Bingalau...

jakimo 21:26 18 Feb 04

You have to have one of the latest printers which is especially designed for printing cs|dvd,as well as sheet printing.

The disc's for printing on are blank uperside,with a special coating that will take inkjet printing,you cant print on ordinary disc's as the ink would never dry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…