inkjet or bubblejet

fredie 20:46 08 May 03

I am going to buy a portable printer for my laptop should I buy inkjet or bubblejet and what are the key differences between them?

Thank you

Gary 20:58 08 May 03

As far as I know, there isn't a difference!

BubbleJet is the tradename that Canon give to the inkjet technology that they use. Inkjet printing all works around the principle of getting drops of ink onto the page. However, all the manufacturers do this in slightly different ways. Canon use thermal inkjet printing but call their process BubbleJet.

Hope this helps.

MIke 21:09 08 May 03

One thing to remember is that most inkjet or bubble jets use water soluble ink, so if you get the paper wet the ink will run just like a fountain pen!

I've had a Canon Bubblejet printer which was pretty reliable though I did have some problems with the printer not recognising the cartridges.

I currently have an Epson C70 which so far is much more reliable. It also uses ink which is more permanent and doesn't run when wet. Of course this is not a portable printer. Not sure if Epson produce portable printers but might be worth looking into if they produce a small printer that uses the same ink as the C70, if you require non running ink!

Patr100 21:28 08 May 03

They are are the same thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…