Inkjet cartidge costs!

mdshamilton 15:19 24 Oct 03

Bloody hell! I just bought one black and one colour inkjet cartridge for my new Lexmark X5150. £48.97 from!

Lexmark is truly ripping customers off.

huzzar 15:27 24 Oct 03

I have Lexmarks printers and got a shock with my first ink buy just like you have. I now only buy Compatible ink cartridges at nearly half the cost. go to click here to compare prices.

pj123 16:19 24 Oct 03

Yes, we all know that anyway! For the cost of those cartridges you could have bought an Epson C44UX and the replacement ink cartridges from Choice Stationery are £29.95 for 4 black and 4 colour cartridges.

mdshamilton 16:59 24 Oct 03

pj123 - thanks... the way Lexmark rips users off still pisses me off - should't their pricing be the focus of some regulatory body?

When this set of cartridges is empty I will probably scrap the printer and buy an Epson all-in-one.

pj123 17:23 24 Oct 03

Epson only do two "all in one" printers the CX3200 for which ink is £29.95 for 4 black and 4 colour and the CX5200 which has separate ink cartridges and a set of 1 black 1 cyan 1 yellow and 1 magenta is £19.00 both from choice stationery at click here

Pesala 17:29 24 Oct 03

Not really a helproom question, but all this talk of "Ripping off" customers is pointless. If the ink is too expensive, don't buy the printer in the first place. Caveat Emptor and all that.

A "rip off" is if some guy charges £500 for replacing a loose roof tile by telling porky pies.

Lexmark never told any lies. They might have been a bit economical with the truth, but all the printer manufacturers do that, so one should read objective reviews and then pay one's money and take one's choice.

pj123 17:54 24 Oct 03

I agree with Pesala. The printer manufacturers don't "rip you off". They just don't tell you what the prices for replacement ink cartridges are, when you buy their printer. Maybe that should be part of the specification for every printer.

kiz 18:08 24 Oct 03

I have a Lexmark X1150 all in one and am successfully refilling the cartridges with ink bought from Choice Stationary. It should be possible with the X5150 too. A bit fiddly, but a cheap option alright.

Pidder 18:29 24 Oct 03

Have just acquired an HP photosmart 7260 as part of a package with an HP camera. Don't seem to be able to find compatible cartridges, possibly this is a new model. Quite satisfied with "Epson" compatibles from Choice. Anyone any pointers?

AL D. 18:44 24 Oct 03

I have been using refill kits and although a little
messy at first once you get the hang of it,its very easy and saves me a fortune,example my colour hp cartridge original cost about £24 ,i can get up to four refills from one kit costing £10.well worth it,i get them from...
click here

Wak 19:49 24 Oct 03

Like other posters above, I have a Lexmark printer (X75 all-in-one) and use the Ink-Tec refill kits from choicestationery which are excellent value and include all necessary tools, instructions, inks, etc..
Refill the Black cartridge four times for £10.00 and refill the Colour cartridge ten times for £12.00.
These kits are extremely easy and clean to use providing you read the instructions before starting (and not after you've finished).
Incidentally, a few months ago I did a little survey on this forum and found that 30% of the people requesting printer assistance owned Epsons which rather put me off Epson printers in spite of the supposed quality. Just a personal thing, I suppose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…