Ink Saver software

realist 11:39 26 Dec 05

This can be got on eBay for a few pounds, but does it really make a measurable difference to ink consumption?
Now my grandson's got the hang of using the printer I'm drying up fast!

alexgray104 12:16 26 Dec 05

I think it depends on the brand you have, sometimes a differance can be seen but it is really noticeable. Thats what I have found with Ink saver software on my pc anyway, I don't know about everybody else.

alexgray104 12:16 26 Dec 05

I'm sorry I don't seem to be able to type today - a differance is RARELY noticeable, contary to what I typed before!!

Peter 12:48 26 Dec 05

I don't know anything about Inksaver software, but you could try using the draft or economy setting in the printer driver.

Also, have you considered using compatible cartridges? If not, try somewhere like click here for prices and supply.

Peter.

spuds 12:51 26 Dec 05

Check that your printer is compatible with Inksaver. Most HP,Epson and Canon will work with it, other makes like some Lexmark, Dell, are not recommended. Serif were selling this at one time for £9.95,as a promotional offer. PCW use to stock it as well.

jack 14:25 26 Dec 05

It works fine on my Epson R300
It can be downloaded as a trial from
click here
or
click here.

Another way to save ink is to always use the 'Inkjet transparency' setting when selecting paper type
This reduces ink flow considerably, yet still give usable print - I print high quality images on photo gloss with this setting, if anythintg the result is brighter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…