Ink refil of Epson C80

Tonygayer 12:26 21 Feb 04

I have drilled and filled the cartridge and reset the chip but the ink will not flow

Curio 13:28 21 Feb 04

Try cleaning the printhead of cartridge with printer flushing/cleaning fluid. Allow cartridge to stand for a few hours to let air bubbles dissipate.

Edstow 13:53 21 Feb 04

What did you fill it with?

The reason I ask is because the Epson "C" series uses a pigment suspension ink rather than the dye solution types common in inkjet printers. May be that is the cause of your difficulty.

Note to Curio: Most Epson printers, including the "C" types have the printhead as part of the printer and not on the ink cartridge.

It could be worthwhile, though, doing as Curio says just in case there has been an interaction between the old and new inks but do make sure you use the correct type.

Ed

jakimo 14:41 21 Feb 04

An Epson techie told me to lightly tap a non working Epson cartridge on a hard service to release any trapped air

hugh-265156 14:52 21 Feb 04

C60 is a chipped model,do you use a chip resetter after filling the cart?

try click here for compatable carts.dont mess about with refills.

hugh-265156 15:12 21 Feb 04

sorry C80 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…