Ink for printers

daisy2bell 07:30 28 Sep 04

I read somewhere that epson adds something to their ink to stop the nozzles from getting blocked.
A fried of mine always gets the cheap ink (compatibles) and constantly suffers from blocked nozzles. I always get the authentic stuff because of this.
Am I right

kspatto 11:19 28 Sep 04

try here they guarantee their ink and it gets good reviews click here

epson is known to have a problem with blockages try a seach of the forum you will find loads of opinions on ink (mostly what a rip off)

patto

Bapou 16:31 28 Sep 04

I've used compatibles for an Epson C62 since the originals were used up. £6.00 a pair from a local Saturday market stall and never a problem.

Rogerfredo 16:55 28 Sep 04

I have just written to "inkcycle" about their "compatible" cartridges for my Epson Photo 875DC.
I have to use the cleaning cycle 2 or 3 times before the colours all print, and the colour matching is very poor.

jack 16:57 28 Sep 04

All the mainstream sellers of Compat Carts
Gaurantee their good all allege same formulation as Epson - Take you pick the Ads in PCA

pj123 17:40 28 Sep 04

I have used compatible cartridges from Choice Stationery at click here for some years now and have never had a problem. My current printers are Epson Photo 895, Epson R200 and Epson C64. Because they are all not used regularly I have made a "test print" in word which consists of 5 or 6 lines of black text and some coloured squares. I run this test print on all my printers at least once a week which keeps the printheads clean without the need to do a major cleaning cycle. Never had a problem with blocked printheads.

maz2 18:18 28 Sep 04
  SANTOS7 18:21 28 Sep 04

I have used compats from 7dayshop for two years now in epson 680 never had a problem.as pj123 suggests if you housekeep your printer on a regular basis any problem will be minimised

daisy2bell 17:17 29 Sep 04

Thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…