Ink levels

TURNIPS 21:10 04 Nov 03

I'm using Windows XP - Home. I know there's a graphic indicating the ink levels in both the black and colour cartridges. What is the 'route' to display this ?

A_World_Maker 21:34 04 Nov 03

This comes from the supplied software of the printer manufacturer. What printer are you running?

Rtus 21:36 04 Nov 03

You mean the printer utility software as in epson monitor ? Im not aware of WIN Xp itself having this facility ..

A_World_Maker 19:22 10 Nov 03

I am not sure if the HP printer has the same facility or uses the same method to gain access to the utility, but here it is for the Epson driver/untility software:-

Method 1:
Double click the taskbar icon to open the printer properties. Click 'File'... Prpoerties, this should then open the drivers utility software.

Method 2:
Click 'Start'.... Settings... Printers and Faxes... Righthand click the printer icon and select Properties, again this will open the printers Utility software.

Method 3:
Click 'Start'... Programmes... and search for the hp printers directory, the utility software should be there.

If you have updated XP Home recently, the chances are, Microsoft have released a certified hp printer driver. Although these are designed to work with both the printer and the OS, for some reason, they cancell out any utility software you may have loaded. If reinstallation doesn't cure the problem, the maybe you can reinatilise it from the utility software directly.

Hope this helps?

TURNIPS 11:01 11 Nov 03

Yippee !! At long last, my problem has been solved. Many, many thanks for your invaluable help.
Turnips

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…