Ink Level Monitoring Free Program

alexgray104 19:33 21 Feb 06

Hi All,
I need a free program that can monitor/check the ink levels on my CANON BJC50 Bubblejet. Any links much appreciated. Many Thanks, Alex

P.S My O.S is XP Pro

jack 19:56 21 Feb 06

There is probably is not one.
Think about it there, is no software feed back connection from printer to computer, ecpt for paper jams and that type of malfunction
Even those that show such a device- e.g. EPSON- it is a fudge that simply counts the number of pages passing through the printer.
Obviously if the pages have on the one hand a letterhead and ten lines of text- then the ink usage will be far less then full blown A4 photo's
Even though a given number of sheets have passed through.

Stuartli 23:17 21 Feb 06

I used to have a Canon BJC 600e (bought in 1996) with four separate ink cartridges that had a series of green LEDs on the top to indicate a variety of modes in use or available.

Although you could lift the cover and check the cartridges' remaining capacities by taking them out, the four LEDs warning of the demise of the ink level in a cartridge(s) proved remarkably accurate.

johnnyrocker 23:47 21 Feb 06

does it not show ink levels during printing?

johnny.

jack 12:12 22 Feb 06

To emphasize what I said earlier and as amplified by stuartli No way on the PC a possible way on the printer depending on the model.

ventanas 12:15 22 Feb 06

I used to have a Lexmark (before I knew better) that would provide this information in the print dialogue. It was hopelessly inaccurate.

Stuartli 12:37 22 Feb 06

>>and as amplified by stuartli >>

I haven't actually "amplified" anything you've stated in any way...:-)

In fact I have the Epson cartridges monitoring utility enabled on my system but, as I've not had the R300 long and am still on my first set of cartridges, I'm unsure as to how accurate it will prove.

That's why I also installed the SSC utility...:-)

Stuartli 12:43 22 Feb 06

Is this link of any interest re your cartridge supplies?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5