Ink Cartridge not recognised

dugit 14:16 13 Apr 08

I have an Epson 915 printer and have used compatible cartridges with no problem until yesterday.
When I replaced the black ink cartridge which was empty with a compatible cartridge the same as I had in before yet it comes up with
"ink cartridge cannot be recognised by this printer please replace the black ink cartridge"
Any suggestions please?

MAT ALAN 14:18 13 Apr 08

Are your compat carts chipped... i had a similar problem with an epsonR240 swapped the chips, works perfect...

dugit 14:31 13 Apr 08

Can you just change chips over I know you say you have I had never heard of it before?

MAT ALAN 14:43 13 Apr 08

Did it last week, worked fine for me, still got some spare in an envelope...

dugit 14:54 13 Apr 08

I have changed chip with an epson one but nothing happens is there something you do carefully when you change chips which maybe I havn't?

MAT ALAN 14:59 13 Apr 08

sorry dugit i cannot tell you, it worked for me but it may not be a definitive answer to your problem.

click here

the link may help...

dugit 15:17 13 Apr 08

Mat Alan thanks for your replies. I'll keep looking for an answer.

Diemmess 15:50 13 Apr 08

I still use an Epson Photo 870.
The first time I used a look-alike and ever since, the popup report told me I was sinning, threatened awful disaster in the offing, but continued to work as it should.

In fact I get the same message even if I occasionally use the genuine Epson product!

Choice Stationery supply chipped substitutes which work fine for me. My only worry there is that I bought a huge discount mix-n-match bundle, but do most of my printing with a laser. In the way of things, my cartridges may last longer than the printer!

Diemmess 15:57 13 Apr 08

Can you simply change chips?
You can physically, but the old chip tells the printer it has passed the end number.
A long time ago I bought a simple electric gizmo which would reset the chip.
Then Epson changed the chip design so that insertion in the re-chipper would short the whole thing.
Now it is better for me to buy lookalikes with a new chip already in place.

The Epson 915 may have another way of making you buy the genuine article, why not ask the retailer?

dugit 16:48 13 Apr 08

What I don't uderstand I have put the compatible chip in the empty epson cartridge it shows ink full and attempts to print,but neither work on the compatible cartridge !!!!

Diemmess 17:38 13 Apr 08

The new chip "thinks" it is full wherever it is, until some printing has been completed.

It is possible that the compatible cartridge isn't!
That is why I suggest you corner the retailer for a little chat, though I agree it is a very strange situation.
Is the new cartridge free of all sticky seals and clean?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant