ink cartridge

cheeki 16:34 05 Apr 07

i have a old lexmark X73,that i thought had run out of ink,replace them how can i do a test to see if there is any ink in these cartridges.

Jackcoms 16:35 05 Apr 07

Print something?

Take the cartridges out and have a look?

cheeki 17:08 05 Apr 07

Jackoms of course i tried to print something,have a look at what.

Jackcoms 17:42 05 Apr 07

"have a look at what".

Cartridges usually have a clear plastic 'tank' so that you can see the level/amount of ink remaining

cheeki 18:10 05 Apr 07

not one on X73 ink cartridge,which brings me to my original question.

Jackcoms 18:22 05 Apr 07

Does this printer have removable print heads?

If it does, remove them and run through with warm running water to clean away any dried up, clogged up ink.

If not, and it prints straight from the cartridges, buy new compatible cartridges, cheap as chips from click here

spuds 18:24 05 Apr 07

"Cartridges usually have a clear plastic 'tank'" I use HP,Lexmark,Epson printers, and none of them use clear plastic tanks. So a bit pointless about being able to "see the level/amount of ink remaining".

cheeki-- Your question seems to suggest one of two things. (1) That you have replaced them (2) If you replace them!. Either way, try a test run.

As the printer been unused for any length of time. Are the cartridges new or old!.

Jackcoms 18:34 05 Apr 07

"try a test run".

Read cheeki's post of 17:08

cheeki 19:05 05 Apr 07

hi spud tried another test run no joy,cartridges are about 6 months old now,but they were to replace the original ones,is it the printer or have i been rip off with empty ones. cheer!

Wak 19:26 05 Apr 07

I believe the cartridges for the X73 Lexmark have their own print head, similar to the X75?
If they have their own Print head then moisten a paper tissue and hold the print head against the tissue. If there is any ink in the cartridge it should show on the tissue in a few seconds.
If it doesn't show on the tissue then stand the print head of the cartridge in a 1/4" of hot (not boiling) water until cool.
Re-test against a moist tissue.
Repeat the hot water 2 or 3 times if necessary.
If no ink shows then either the print head has dried out and become clogged up or the cartridge is empty.
This site is quite useful if you search it properly.
click here

cheeki 19:48 05 Apr 07

thanks Wak will try that out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…