Initalize MSOE.DLL failure!!

Outlook Express was working fine one minute, turned off machine, came back to it within the hour, then the following message occurs...

"Outlook Express could not be started becasue MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly"

Please help.

Wol.

dan11 14:21 04 Jun 05

Are you using XP, if so, try a system restore.

Thanks Dan, however, yes I am on XP (service pack 2) and I did a restore from 24 hours ago, no difference to my problem. Any other suggestions please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:00 04 Jun 05

MSOE.DLL COULD NOT BE LOADED
This error can occur if one or more *.dbx files in the current store folder are set as Read-only. Close OE and open the store folder in Windows Explorer. Select all files, then right-click on any one and select Properties. Uncheck the box for "Read only", leaving only the "archive" bit checked.

Outlook Express and Internet Explorer share many files. Perform a repair of Internet Explorer. From Control Panel select Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer and highlight it. Click on the Add/Remove button. When the IE Tools menu comes up, select Repair. Click OK.

Also, you can get to the IE Tools menu by clicking Start > Run and type

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

If still no joy, uninstall and reinstall Outlook Express.

Joe R 15:05 04 Jun 05

Many Thanks - Wol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…