infra red external drive

ewebber 14:19 14 Mar 05

Hi All,
I have a laptop and would like to connect to the internet using infrared through my mobile phone, does anyone know of a good one that I can get?

bremner 14:33 14 Mar 05

Is this what you are after click here

ewebber 14:41 14 Mar 05

I'm not really sure, I have something like this already, but it looks like it is for connecting devices, but not really for the internet, I seem to have hit a mental brick wall on this one.

bremner 14:50 14 Mar 05

Using this you should be able to make a connection between the laptop and mobile.

Whether this will let you use the mobile as a modem will be downn to the specification of the mobile.

ewebber 14:58 14 Mar 05

Thanks for your help, I will look into the mobile specs

Salut 15:01 14 Mar 05

I can confirm the effectiveness of Bremner's suggestion having just bought one.Works very well, but does depend on the phones spec-doesn't work on my sons phone, so he is after a new one...

ewebber 15:12 14 Mar 05

thanks, the phone I'll be using is a fairly new nokia, and should do the trick, I just have to get my hands on the phone - taking phones away from your boss can be tricky!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…