information on Windows XP PRO software

23790954 21:46 28 May 06

I am contemplating purchasing a copy of Windows XP PRO for a grand-daughter. I have seen numerous copies of Windows XP PRO Academic on sale on 'e' bay, at reasonable prices. Can anyone explain the difference between Windows XP PRO, normal version, and Windows XP PRO Academic version. Thanks to anyone who takes the trouble to reply with an explanation.

terryf 21:50 28 May 06

I believe 'academic' are only supposed to be sold to academia and they usually require a letter from a full time educational establishment to buy legally however I stand to be corrected by 'sumwun hoo noes better'

Stuartli 22:07 28 May 06
  Taff™ 22:07 28 May 06

click here Explains the version. I have to ask though why she would need it? Is she required to join a network either at work or college? XP Professional has very few benefits over the Home Edition for normal use. click here

Mind you, if this is a gift as well as a necessity you get (Over the) Top Marks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…