Information on satnavs anyone?

Ray5776 15:01 02 Sep 07

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a satnav of some kind but know very little about them. Can anyone advise me please. I don`t even know whether you just buy it or have to pay a monthly fee like a mobile phone.
As I am in no rush I though I would seek some advice first rather than just go and buy what the salesman said.

Ray

woodchip 15:10 02 Sep 07

Mitchelin good value one
and all the bits click here

click here

Review click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:11 02 Sep 07
  rdave13 15:15 02 Sep 07

Have a look at this site click here

woodchip 15:25 02 Sep 07

reviews do not do much for navman or tom tom

birdface 15:32 02 Sep 07

You buy it,And usually after 6 months you have to pay so much a year or a month if you want to be able up-dated it.[Road info I mean]You can also get one's that work with mobile phones which is quite handy.Usually the more expensive ones will warn you when approaching speed cameras which is handy if you drive a lot.I used the Tom Tom with my mobile and it worked great.

rdave13 15:35 02 Sep 07

I agree woodchip, although I use the Tom Tom one v2. A good little machine and use it regularly. If I remember correctly PCA reviews didn't give it a very good score either.

woodchip 15:55 02 Sep 07

I use a Acer PDA with Tom Tom Software on it, as it as Speed Camera Info. Where the Supplied Destinatore Software while its a good GPS software does not have camera alerts

spuds 16:49 02 Sep 07
  Ray5776 17:06 02 Sep 07

Hi, just come back to the site, lots of links, thanks.

Ray5776 17:57 02 Sep 07

Like most things these days too many choices, I have looked at your links thanks, what surprises me is the vast difference in prices. Is a £100 one any good? if so how can another one be £900.
Looking at the cheaper end a Navman F20 or Garmin Street Pilot i3 sounded good value.
Anyone got one?
Acer was another one for under £100 which woodchip has but I would not know how to put Tom Tom software on it and I would like the "safety" camera alerts.
Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos