Information needed for Mobile Broadband ASAP!!!

julius44 19:17 07 Mar 08

Hello there. I need some expert information an any of the mobile broadband services that are on the market now. My friend has just recieved her dell laptop and she wants to get mobile broadband..so that she can use her laptop for the internet anywhere she goes. She has a wireless connection in her family house, BUT she wants to get 1 of the mobile broadband conection that she can use anywere. so i need expert advice, links etc. Alo i need to know does an engineer have to intall anything for mobile broadband or not??

peter99co 20:23 07 Mar 08

See postings on mobile forum about internet on the laptop

Ashrich 20:24 07 Mar 08

Mobile broadband is remarkably easy , no engineer is needed , just load the drivers ( if they are needed , and plug the USB adapter in the appropraite socket and away you go . I have only had experience of 3's mobile internet access and I was very impressed , it just works like a dial up modem , but connects to an HSDPA network for up to 7.2mb/s connection . Vodafone are doing one for £15.00 per month for a 3 gigabyte limit . 3 do a pay as you go connection , but the USB adapter costs £99 and I think you need to keep it topped up with at least £10 per month . The only problems I can forsee is if you are in a remote area with a poor mobile phone signal , it might not work too well in those cases .

Ashley

finlay.mitchel 21:50 07 Mar 08

Vodafone has just brought out a USB stick modem which is twice as fast as their previous USB modem. i.e. 7.2 Mbps

Covergirl 09:57 08 Mar 08

Further info here - some bad, some good.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now