Information on HMPSCHED.EXE - Application error?

spuds 12:36 PM 24 Mar 13
Answered

The other day I downloaded Hitman Pro as a trial version, and since then, usually on start-up, I get HMPSCHED.EXE - Aplication error - The memory could not be "read", flash on the monitor screen.

With the error message comes the following instructions - Click OK to terminate the program - Click Cancel to debug the program.

So far I use the debug cancel option, and all seems well, until the next start-up. I have checked the CCleaner start-up list, and nothing new is showing there. So the particular exe must be somewhere else perhaps?.

Any help would be appreciated

Running XP Home - Avast- SuperAntiSpyware, but I cannot see how these are effecting the above?.

Secret-Squirrel 12:48 PM 24 Mar 13

According to a Google search, hmpsched.exe runs as a Windows service so that's why it's not present in a standard startup list.

If HitManPro's causing you problems and you don't want it then go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and see if you can uninstall it.

spuds 12:54 PM 24 Mar 13

Secret-Squirrel, thanks for the response.

I already did a quick Google, but it left me a little confused, because it didn't point the problem to Hitman Pro. I will remove this program, because at present I only wanted to test it out, but it was just the case of trying to see if the error was due to the Hitman Pro install, or possibly something else?.

Secret-Squirrel 12:58 PM 24 Mar 13

"I already did a quick Google, but it left me a little confused, because it didn't point the problem to Hitman Pro."

The service I mentioned is called HitmanProScheduler so hmpsched.exe is definitely part of HitmanPro.

spuds 14:34 PM 24 Mar 13

I have already removed Hitman Pro using Revo, so its a case of seeing what happens on next start-up.

Will tick as resolved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…