Information on CCTV fault-finding required.

spuds 12:54 29 Nov 13
Answered

I am trying to locate a book or something similar that's easy to understand, probably with well formed diagrams, for the purpose of fault finding in CCTV equipment or systems.

I appreciated that some of these systems might say "non-serviceable", but from previous experiences, sometimes this can be overcome by a little thought and attempt?.

Here's hoping that one of the forum member's can supply a lead to my quest.

bumpkin 14:39 29 Nov 13

Is it your CCTV system, if so what problems are you having.

spuds 15:02 29 Nov 13

The outside CCTV cameras have 'heaters' inbuilt for colder weather. Due to occasional 'misting', I suspect one of the units have a fault?.

bumpkin 15:43 29 Nov 13

Do you have easy access to it.

spuds 16:33 29 Nov 13

Yes off a 20'00" ladder.

Yesterday evening I ordered another camera kit, and this was delivered by courier a few moments ago. Perhaps over the weekend I will try a few tests with the new and old units, and see what that achieves.

wee eddie 19:38 29 Nov 13

It may be water that the heater is vaporizing

spuds 10:34 05 Dec 13
Answer

Due to a complete rethink, we are going through another route to resolve the present problem that we have with the cctv system. But it would have been interesting to have had a simple test method explained or possible shown, on how to perhaps trace a fault in some electrical/electronic circuit, without perhaps going the rather expensive test equipment procedures.

I have opened another post, with the other route in mind. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017