Information on CCTV fault-finding required.

spuds 12:54 29 Nov 13
Answered

I am trying to locate a book or something similar that's easy to understand, probably with well formed diagrams, for the purpose of fault finding in CCTV equipment or systems.

I appreciated that some of these systems might say "non-serviceable", but from previous experiences, sometimes this can be overcome by a little thought and attempt?.

Here's hoping that one of the forum member's can supply a lead to my quest.

bumpkin 14:39 29 Nov 13

Is it your CCTV system, if so what problems are you having.

spuds 15:02 29 Nov 13

The outside CCTV cameras have 'heaters' inbuilt for colder weather. Due to occasional 'misting', I suspect one of the units have a fault?.

bumpkin 15:43 29 Nov 13

Do you have easy access to it.

spuds 16:33 29 Nov 13

Yes off a 20'00" ladder.

Yesterday evening I ordered another camera kit, and this was delivered by courier a few moments ago. Perhaps over the weekend I will try a few tests with the new and old units, and see what that achieves.

wee eddie 19:38 29 Nov 13

It may be water that the heater is vaporizing

spuds 10:34 05 Dec 13
Answer

Due to a complete rethink, we are going through another route to resolve the present problem that we have with the cctv system. But it would have been interesting to have had a simple test method explained or possible shown, on how to perhaps trace a fault in some electrical/electronic circuit, without perhaps going the rather expensive test equipment procedures.

I have opened another post, with the other route in mind. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…