Info on Windows update please

gudda96 08:33 23 May 03

Can anyone advise to WHEN you should update Windows and how. I have visted site from my START
button but when I get there, not sure which to go for.

If anyone can help, a step x step would be appreciated.

I use W98SE and IE6

Thank you.

Lú-tzé 08:42 23 May 03

Some suggest all critical updates; others say don't fix what is not borken! I would never accept drivers from the windows update site, preferring to get them from the manufacturer's site.

I routinely get install critical updates after downloading them and saving them locally.

Just visit www. and see what are necessary.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 08:45 23 May 03

I use bigfix to get most patches and updates it searches for me cos i cant be bothered it a good little proggy see what you think
click here

Eagie 08:46 23 May 03

Choose Windows Update from the start menu as you have done previously. It might ask if you want to download a program to let it run, ok that.

You will then be presented with a screen with 'Scan for updates' on it. Select that option.

Once it has done its checking it will provide you with a list of critical updates, ones that are extras but recommended, and drivers. You can select which ones you want but choosing the relevant section in the right menu bar.

Then select 'review and install updates'. Click on install now and then accept the licence agreement that will pop up and windows will do the rest. The chance is once it has finished it will want to restart your machine but it will prompt you to do so.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 08:48 23 May 03

Opps lol download from here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…