Info on Pest Patrol Please

Meshuga 15:00 05 Nov 04

Have just tried an evaluation version of pest patrol which has found 27 pests. Has anyone info on this program, such as efficiency,safety and any advice re using it. The evaluation version does not remove anything, you have to buy the full version so before I spend money I would like to know what I`m getting into. Many thanks, Meshuga.

Cook2 15:07 05 Nov 04

Spybot S & D and SpywareBlaster showed all OK but I tried Pest Patrol and it found 20+ on my system. I then tried SpySubtract, which also showed my system to be clear. I'm not Sherlock Holmes but I think I've sussed it.

For Spybot S&D click here and SpywareBlaster click here

Both are FREE and do the job.

Meshuga 15:19 05 Nov 04

I already have AdAware, Spybot and Spyware Blaster which show nothing. Can you elaborate on < I think I`ve sussed it >, not quite sure what you mean by that. Email me using the yellow envelope if you`d prefer. Regards,Meshuga.

VoG II 17:05 05 Nov 04

In my opinion it is not worth it.

The evaluation version finds lots of "problems" on my PC that I know are not problems.

Meshuga 17:08 05 Nov 04

VoG,since I value your advice I shall not bother with it. Regards, Meshuga.

CurlyWhirly 17:39 05 Nov 04

I had made the mistake of buying the FULL version and in my opinion it has caused nothing but hassle as it 'found' LOADS of 'false positives' as explained at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…