Info on BW laser printers

Newuser2 17:46 21 Apr 04

I very tempted to but a BW laser printer the Konica Minolta PagePro 1300 to be precise.
If the printer is not used for a few days or infrequently, would this sort of use be a problem.
I ask as I have no knowledge of laser printers.

AndySD 17:49 21 Apr 04

My old trusty HP1100 laserjet only gets occasional useage and as for a new toner cartridge well this one is 4 years old and still going with no problems.

spuds 17:51 21 Apr 04

Shouldn't be a problem at all.Buy and enjoy, but check the price of cartridges and output rate.

Shas 17:53 21 Apr 04

I have a HP Laserjet here at work, which is 5 years old now and although I don't actually switch it off, it has been unused for up to two weeks over the Christmas period for example. Never had a problem when I go to use it again. I think ink jets can be more problematic if not used for a time because the nozzles tend to get blocked. :-)

furkin 18:05 21 Apr 04

Hi Newuser,
I bought this printer about 3 weeks ago. So far, I am more than satisfied with it. I use it at home, so it sometimes dosn't get switched on for days.
It had a good write-up somewhere which finally persuaded me. Buy & Enjoy

Newuser2 18:53 21 Apr 04

Thats that then I'll buy one.
Thanks one and all for your time and info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…