Info for blueyonder.co.uk users.

AlanHo 20:46 19 Mar 04

Yesterday I received threeEmails from [email protected] notifying me that they had removed a virus attachment from an incoming Email - giving me the Email address of the sender and details of the virus removed. The message went on to say that any attachments left on the message would be safe to open.

Concerned that this was a spoof to trap me into opening the attachment - I deleted the messages and did not open the attachments - then Emailed Telewest to ask if the messages were genuine because I am not aware that they have an anti virus system.

This is their reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email to blueyonder Technical Support. We have intoduced some email security messages. You should get an offical email in the next couple of days.

Over the last couple of months we have been working on a system to automatically scan any emails for viruses and worms and also to cut down on the number of spam (unwanted emails) that you receive. We are pleased to announce that we have now fully launched a system that will remove any viruses or worms contained within emails sent to any blueyonder addresses and will also delete and not deliver to you any emails that we are confident are spam and that you don't want to receive.

The new system will notify you when it has detected and removed a virus from an email. A typical message is shown below:

Subject: Blueyonder anti-virus notification

The blueyonder anti-virus system filtered the following message:

All messages from the system to you will be from sent from [email protected]. Although, we are confident the system will intercept most viruses you should still be vigilant and wary of opening unfamilar attachments or email from people you do not know.

We will be constantly updating the service and over the coming months we will be improving the spam filters to block even more unwanted emails and to also allow you to decide yourself what emails you want to receive and which you don't.

We hope you will find that the new service will make use of our email service more pleasurable, safer and easier to use as you will only receive the emails that you want to receive.

Regards

The Blueyonder Team

VoG II 09:24 20 Mar 04

Yep, had one of these this morning. Netsky removed. Thanks BY.

Dumble452 09:34 20 Mar 04

Me too! Good to have this extra layer of protection.

VoG II 17:06 22 Mar 04

Dear customer,

Over the last few months we've been developing a system which automatically scans emails for viruses. We are pleased to announce we now have a system in place which removes any viruses in emails sent to any blueyonder address.

The new system will notify you when it has detected and removed a virus from an email sent to you. Typically this notification will read:

"From: blueyonder anti-virus system [[email protected]]

Subject: Blueyonder anti-virus notification

The blueyonder anti-virus system filtered the following message:"

Although, we are confident the system will intercept most viruses, we still recommend vigilance and care when you open unfamiliar attachments or email from people you do not know. We also recommend you install additional anti-virus and firewall software on your PC to prevent other forms of malicious threats such as network worms.

For more details on securing your PC while on the Internet please visit the security section of the blueyonder website at:

click here

Our new system also identifies and deletes the most obvious spam (unsolicited) emails before they reach your mailbox. We're planning to develop this further over the coming months to block even more unwanted emails and enable you to decide which emails you want to receive and which you don't.

We hope you find these developments make our email service safer and easier to use.

Regards,

The team at blueyonder

QUADDRA 00:03 23 Mar 04

Also received Blueyonder new anti-virus system notification.

Should be standard on all ISPs, Then the net may be a tad safer.

Good work Blueyonder

Peverelli 00:36 23 Mar 04

Me too. Strangely I've had 3 emails infected by Netsky removed by Blueyonder in the last 2 days, yet I've not received an infected email for a few months previously. Coincidence?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…