Info & advice about Vipre anti-virus/spyware prog?

Triprajul 13:34 06 May 10

Greetings:

A friend put a copy of the Vipre anti-virus and anti-spyware program on our computer. The program is working fine but I have some minor concerns about it. For example, it is a free copy and my friend tells me that it won’t expire (usually after 30 days actually for the trail version). However, he tells I must ignore any software upgrade requests. However, is this a good idea or not? Finally, is this program good enough for my computer or should I use it in conjunction with other security programs? Any advice given is greatly appreciated.

birdface 13:40 06 May 10

Vipre is not free.

click here

So not a good idea unless you are going to buy it.

Plenty freebie's about so maybe be better having a look at some of those.

probably MSE along with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware should do all free.

provider 2 13:50 06 May 10

Vipre AV from Sunbelt isn`t a free program , though they do offer a free trial as is normal prior to purchase or not, as the case may be.

The worrying thing is that you have been told not to upgrade, which suggests (but doesn`t prove) that it`s a pirated copy.

Pirated copies are just about everything are available on the net but using them, of course, is not much different from theft and makes you liable for any consequences that may ensue.

Perhaps your friend should have made this clear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…