Infinite Loop on SiS 650 Chipset :(

Lord_Anubis 11:35 08 Jun 03

I've encountered infinate loops with my SiS 650 Graphics Chipset (32Mb) on two occasions now (in 3 days). It always seems to happen after my laptop has been on for a while, I've updated the drivers and device messenger says the device is working properly. The last error message said:

The driver SiSGRV for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Any idea if this is resolable without involving 'the profesional pains in the arses' known as time support.

P.S. There are a few WinXP security...etc updates that i have yet to install on this machine, cud this be the prob?

hugh-265156 11:40 08 Jun 03

as before.update windows click here :-)

Lord_Anubis 11:45 08 Jun 03

My prob i have with this solution, is that my current graphics card was worked perfectly fine for the past year, without an updated driver or winXP updates. I'll install the updates but if it happens again, which i know it will, is there anything else i can do?

hugh-265156 11:51 08 Jun 03

if it happens again i would suggest a format and reinstall of windows.

and make sure all the drivers are certified.

Lord_Anubis 11:56 08 Jun 03

All i've read about the problem suggests all it can be is a problem with the device drivers, the device itslef or something to do with my CPU (Unlikely). Thats why i dont think it could be a problem with windows. The cuases a feedback loop between the CPU and the graphics Processor, you provided the link in the other thread so i guese u allready know this, so given this how could windows be causing the problem (given the fact that no change, as far as i can tell, has occured to my OS ovewr the past year)

hugh-265156 12:06 08 Jun 03

try running this click here for about 12 hours and see if it comes up with anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…