Infection on laptop from a zip file?

upsetkaz 14:32 28 Nov 13

Hello

Please could someone help me?

Two days ago I opened a zip file from somebody I know and now my laptop seems to be infected with a virus or worm. I keep getting re-directed to gambling sites and software for virus removal keeps trying to download on there own. Loads of ads on laptop and computer screen keeps juttering around on its own. The security warning from the file just sits on my desktop.

Thank you in advance regards Kaz

upsetkaz 16:28 28 Nov 13

Hello Jock1e

Thank you very much for replying and for the link.

I have run the scan and unfortunately nothing was detected.

Thanks again Karen

Secret-Squirrel 17:26 28 Nov 13

Karen, Kaspersky's TDSSkiller is the next removal tool you should try to remove your stubborn infection.

upsetkaz 18:51 28 Nov 13

Hello Jock1e

Thank you for your update again. Yes I am following through on Bleeping computers but as informed it can take up to 5 days for a response from one of these tech guys due to how busy they are. Up to now had no response from anyone. Will try Hitmanpro in the meantime and thanks again for all your suggestions.

Thank you secret squirrel, I am now going to try your suggestion as am I open to any offers that might correct this problem. So thanks alot to you both.

regards Karen

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:43 28 Nov 13

What is the security warning you are getting?

upsetkaz 20:13 28 Nov 13

Hello Fruit bat

The security warning is the do you want to open this file: ws/start menu/programmes/startup/complaint.vbe, but of course I have already opened it (albeit nothing to read) and now laptop infected.

rdave13 22:21 28 Nov 13

Don't know your Operating System but get to safe mode then run TDSSkiller first then run your normal security software. WARNING, only try this if you have already burnt your factory reset DVDs or burnt to a USB drive!! If the suggestion I've given won't work then it's possibly terminal without your factory reset medium.

upsetkaz 22:37 28 Nov 13

Hello rdave13

Thank you very much I will try this now and keep my fingers crossed.

Really appreciate all the help

regards Karen

upsetkaz 22:38 28 Nov 13

Hello rdave13

Thank you very much I will try this now and keep my fingers crossed.

Really appreciate all the help

regards Karen

upsetkaz 22:52 28 Nov 13

Hello all

Thank you all very much for all your imput.

I am at a loss so feel the best thing to do is buy another laptop and never open another email attachment without checking first.

Thanks again regards Karen

rdave13 22:55 28 Nov 13

Whoa there. It's been 15 minutes since my last suggestion and you could not possibly have tried it. Surely?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017