//some 3rd party need geo

Infected with wyx.c virus

« Ravin » 07:15 16 Jan 03
  « Ravin » 07:15 16 Jan 03

A friend of mine just got infected with this virus. When she boots up a norton pop up appears saying "Infected with Wyx.c. System must shut down" . This goes on in a loop. I'm checking online for removal tools but was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions.

Also, I installed norton 2002 on her pc and wanted to ask how come it didn't detect the virus till after it got infected.The system doesn't have an internet connection and floppy is the only way i guess for it to have got infected. Doesn't norton scan floppies before using?

VoG™ 07:38 16 Jan 03

Its a boot sector virus click here - still looking...

VoG™ 07:42 16 Jan 03

For what its worth click here

VoG™ 07:47 16 Jan 03
  « Ravin » 08:59 16 Jan 03

any idea what the path and executable for the DOS scanner in norton 2002 is? this virus can't be removed from within windows environment. norton help says go to cd progra~1\norton~1 and type "navdx /a /doallfiles /prompt " but when we do that i get a bad command.

Belatucadrus 09:48 16 Jan 03

Don't know Norton, but you may find this useful click here links to Ultimate boot disk, one of the options is a version of F-Prot that runs from a floppy. It's at the bottom of the download panel on the left hand side of the screen, you will need to scroll down to find it, and it has to be used in conjunction with ultimate boot disk, as it's not a stand alone version.

siarad 09:59 16 Jan 03

Like many others here I use free AVG click here It makes floppy discs which kill boot sector virii.

« Ravin » 13:38 16 Jan 03

thanks will give both a try since i've run into a wall with norton

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…