Infected Files

graham12 10:46 08 Nov 03

I have Norton Anti Virus installed, on running a scan for virus it came up that I had 23 infected files which I tried to repair but was unable to so these have now been quarantined 2 of the files are msmsgs.exe and rdll240.exe could someone please tell me how to get rid of the infected files. Could someone also please tell me how to check whether the back door is open and how to close this

pl 11:10 08 Nov 03

Try downloading AVG antivirus free edition from click here. I have been using it for about 2 years and it has fixed my virus's.

rawprawn 13:38 08 Nov 03

There is aprogram called Stinger that will usually shift stubborn viruses, I'm sorry I can't give you the download address but type Stinger into google that should find it. It's free.If you are still having serious difficulty go to start/run type regedit. In the registry highlight My Computer, click on edit ,click on find, type in the exact name of the program then OK, when it finds the program delete it. Then click find next and do the same. Do again & again that unill it is finished. That should cure your problem. Do not touch anything else in the registry, & make a backup of the registry before you start in case of any mistakes ( Click on file , export )

rawprawn 14:01 08 Nov 03

click here for Stinger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…