Infected? Anyone know what this error code means?

crazycam23 22:32 05 May 09

Started a thread the other day as I suspected I may have picked up something nasty. It now appears my fears may have been correct.

My pc keeps rebooting itself. This seems to occur sporadically and without a pattern as yet. Sometimes it doesn't even reach the desktop screen before it resets itself, this can happen a couple of times before it finally fully loads. More often than not the system boots to the desktop then after a few minutes shuts down and reboots.

Either way on the error code that is displayed on start up is:

BCCode 100000f BCP1 00000008 BCP2 F7717D70
BCP3 00000000 BCP4 00000000 OSVer 5_1_2600
SP 2_0 PRODUCT 256_1

I have search for this without any luck.

I can't seem to find the files that the error occurred in.

These were listed as c:...\TEMP\Werdb_8dir00
and c:...\TEMP\mimi050409-02.dmp\sysdata.xml

Anyone have any ideas?

phono 22:38 05 May 09

Can you boot in safe mode? If you can is the system stable or does it crash again?

If you can boot and run okay in safe mode post back as there are some steps which can be taken to check for any possible infections.

crazycam23 22:48 05 May 09

Ok will do. Interestingly since the system has been on tonight it hasn't crashed yet. Its been about 20 minutes i guess. It would have usually crashed by now.

Ashrich 22:55 05 May 09

This could be a memory problem , if you have more than one stick you could try just running on one of them and keep swapping them until you find the bad one . I also found someone else that had a similar problem , bit hard to read as it was a Google translation from Czech , but in his case he had a security suite and a separate firewall running , effectively two firewall , he uninstalled both programs and it seemed to cure things , so if it isn't memory it could be a software problem , but try the memory swap first .

Ashley

phono 22:56 05 May 09

Download MalwareBytes anti malware from click here click the blue, Download free trial version, button, install, update and run a quick scan, if it picks anything up let it deal with what it finds, reboot if requested and then run a full scan.

Report back with any findings.

phono 23:07 05 May 09

A good test for RAM is Memtest86 click here download the CD ISO or floppy creation program, create the relevant disk, boot from it and let it run at least one complete pass of tests on RAM.

The program is not as good as a proper hardware based testing system but is one of the best software based systems.

crazycam23 23:09 05 May 09

I have malwarebytes, avg anti virus and superantispyware installed. Nothing at all found on full scans.

I have now rebooted in safe mode and all was good. Have obviously just rebooted in normal again. Once more it has started up without issue.

This is strange because for the last couple of days it has been playing up constantly.

phono 23:18 05 May 09

I would suggest running checkdisk on the hard drive to see if there are any errors.

If that proves okay, at a command prompt, type in the following, sfc /scannow including the space after sfc, you will need your installation CD to hand as it will most likely be required. Let it complete and post back with any results obtained.

lotvic 23:21 05 May 09

This other forum click here is full of information on this error - well worth a look so you can check the same stuff in event viewer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017