inexplicable shutdown

Sparky3327 13:26 08 Mar 03

My pc has started to randomly shutdown for no apparent reason.
It's happened whilst games were being played, (Spiderman the Movie and The Sims), both of which are well within my pc's capacity.
I recently changed my mobo, processor (to Athlon xp2000) and memory (to 512Mb), and run Win XP.
All my BIOS settings are as they should be and I'm at a loss.
Cheers,
Grezza.

-pops- 13:29 08 Mar 03

Frequent causes for random shutdowns, especially after upgrades, are overheating of the CPU or insufficient capacity of the power supply unit.

Brian

Irishman 13:44 08 Mar 03

click here
Check out this thread. Did you upgrade your powersupply at the same time? Is the processor overheating? Does this only happen when using processor intensive apps? As -pops- said these are well known causes of shutdowns and restarts and should be eliminated before you try anything else. I have spent the past few weeks trying to find the cause of constant restarts on my own recently upgraded computer and finally traced it to me putting the heatsink on the wrong way round.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…