Ineternet Explorer 8

watteneer 11:56 14 Jul 09

I am running XP home Edition sp2
with BT broadband after i installed IE8
when i log on to web page and click on mail icon
to open, i receive a message which lasts for about 2-3 seconds " A problem displaying yahoo.com caused internet explorer to refresh the web page using compatibility view "
although the mail page opens i find it annoying,
and contacted BT all they said was to uninstall
IE8 which i like using
Any ideas would be welcome
Regards
Peter

Sea Urchin 12:04 14 Jul 09

There is a glitch with the mail icon in IE8. This previous thread solved it for a couple of people - worth a try

click here

using this fix:

click here

mooly 12:10 14 Jul 09

I'm running Vista and IE8
Have BTYahoo mail (as in Yahoomail.com) as my home page and on this I get a message (only once, won't reappear until I clean up cookies etc) that my screen resolution is below the optimum required but that I "may" continue if I wish, which really anoys me lol as it's obviously a bug somewhere. I am using 1440 by 900 which is higher than the minimum recommended.
If I go to "UK.My.Yahoo.com" (is that the page you are referring to) which to be honest I never use to retrieve yahoo mail, then that aotomatically changes to compatability view, which again is annoying as it then doesn't fit the screen correctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…