individual windows closing slowly

robco 20:01 26 Jul 05

Hi there!
Can anyone tell me why my individual windows close down slowly instead of in the blink of an eye as they used to do? It's almost like a few lines at a time. I defragged recently and have checked for spy/ad and malware - all okay! Am using win98se with 366 cel chip and 256mb ram. Cheers!

howard60 21:55 26 Jul 05

it could be a hundred reasons but your memory is just about the minimum to cope.

stalion 21:57 26 Jul 05

try a clean up click here

robco 12:35 27 Jul 05

Thanks Stalion but it's not mae any difference. BTW, my CPU is sometimes running at 100%. Rob

bof:) 13:09 27 Jul 05

Hi robco, what size is your hard drive? How much free space do you have on it? Usualy you need to keep a third to a quarter free.

have you installed/uninstalled anything before this started to happen? have a look in Device Manager to check all is ok in there.

robco 19:04 31 Jul 05

Hi Mike,
Sorry to have taken so long to reply only I have been unwell. My hard drive is 10gb and I have about 6gb left. The only software I have installed recently is more spyware which seems to be running okay. Any ideas? Regards Rob

robco 02:10 10 Aug 05

Am still in the dark as to what i can do about this as it's still happening even though i have had a clean up. I never have more than 3 programs running at the same time so i would have thought that 256mb ram would have been enough. Tried updating my Nvidia graphics card drivers in case it was soimething to do with that but when i try to install them, i get the message 'setup was unable to locate any Nvidia graphics chiops on this system when i have a TNT2 64 AGP graphics card on my system. Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…