Indexing multiple documents

shellship 18:51 02 Sep 05

I have Word XP on which I have about 80 sets of Minutes of meetings, each one being a separate Word doc. I wish to create an index of common subjects throughout the lot. There used to be a facility to, I think, create a Master Document but that seemed to be very difficult. Any ideas out there would be welcome.

recap 19:05 02 Sep 05

There used to be a Binder in previous vesions of Word, which would have enabled you to bind all your documents to one file.

click here and scroll down to the section headed: "Create a TOC for a Binder" where it will explain how to manage multiple docuuments.

I hope that is of some help to you shellship?

Monoux 20:03 02 Sep 05

Would Google Desktop search help. You can download this from Google and then use it to search your hard drive. It will then list (just as in a normal google search on the Web) any items on your hard drive that contain the search word

shellship 22:21 04 Sep 05

Thanks but Word XP does not do this. It just accepts them created by earlier editions of Word. Word XP does still provide facilities to create Master Documents but I had hoped I would not have to go down this route.

VoG II 23:22 04 Sep 05

Master Document is the way to go.

shellship 10:25 05 Sep 05

Thanks. Have downloaded Binder and will see what happens. Anything has to be easier than the dreaded Master Doc. Nevertheless, thanks VoG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…