index.html and index.htm

bridge+ 07:08 08 Nov 08

My website front page uses index.html (normal). I decided to add a photo album and this uses index.htm.

However, the server selects the htm and not the html. This is big problem, since the wrong front page appears. Does any kind soul know a way around this problem ?

Colin

Forum Editor 08:30 08 Nov 08

Tell me where the album files are in your site structure. I suspect you have them in the root, which means the same place as your index.html file.

Also tell me how people view your album - is it accessed via a navigation button? If it is, create a new folder in your site structure and call it 'album'. Then put all the album files into it, and set the navigation button to link to the index.htm file in that folder.

bridge+ 15:39 08 Nov 08

Forum Editor,

Many thanks for your help. Yes it was in the root so I created a folder etc. It now works but I can't set up a link inside the album folder which connects to the website front page. Since the whole site is in one folder containing album as a folder,the obvious link is:
Name of main folder/index.html but this doesn't work ? I am puzzled ! Any ideas most welcome.

Colin

bridge+ 19:20 08 Nov 08

Hi Forum member,

Many, many thanks,for your advice, all is working now - I am very grateful for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now