Index in Word

TN 08:50 30 May 07

My wife has compiled a recipe book for her own use but as there are over 150 recipes in it she asked me if I could print out a list of the recipes with the page numbers. She has numbered each page so that part is no problem. Is there any EASY way to make up an Index with this aim in mind. I tried the Help file on word for 'Index' but could not follow the very involved instructions. Any help wopuld be appreciated by yours truly. BTW I am using Word 2003.

Technotiger 09:02 30 May 07

Mums' Favourite Recipes

Page Title

1. Apple Pie
2. Apple Turnover
3. Apple Sauce
4. Blackberry Pie
5. Black Pudding

Hi, this would seem to be the Easy way :-))

TN 09:06 30 May 07

I agree but I was thinking of some way that I could tag each title and Word would Index it with page numbers automatically. If the worst comes to the worst and there is no method I realise I'll have to go though each of the 150 recipes, put them in alphabetical order and show the page number for each - it WILL take a few hours to do this (at least for me using 2 fingers!!)

MAJ 09:08 30 May 07

Try "Table Of Contents" in the Word Help File.

wee eddie 09:46 30 May 07

As the title of the dish rarely helps.

Why not Index by Type.

Meat, Fish, Fruit & Veg.

or

Soup, Starter, Main, Sweet & Baking.

or

Sweet or Savoury

And then become Alphabetical in each section

recap 09:58 30 May 07

click here for a Microsoft talking tutorial on how to create a Table of Contents.

TN 10:12 30 May 07

Many thnaks MAJ - I could not believe how easy that was and such a professional index all completed in about 10 minutes!That's about a thousand brownie points scored for me with wife!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…