Index & FTP

Bob The Nob© 19:11 11 Oct 06

You know when you access an FTP server VIA the web, you get an index page that shows all of the folders in that directory and then it shows files etc. I would like to use that it a certain folder, but my webhost just directs me to a 404 page.

How can I get an automatically updating list of folder contents?

PurplePenny 19:50 11 Oct 06

Sorry, I'm being a bit slow. What is that gives you the 404? Trying to access one of the folders in the list?

Bob The Nob© 20:17 11 Oct 06

because there is no index page, i get a 404. I would like an automatically updateing files list of files & folders

kindly 20:23 14 Oct 06

If you are using the EI way of uploading then you should have the site saved in a folder on your computer. So, after opening the ftp site and on the same screen just look at the left side of the screen where it says "my documents". Click on that and navigate to where you got the site stored. When you open that folder highlight all the folders inside it and right click and choose copy. Then using the forward arrow button go back to the ftp site and right click and use paste. The site will upload. It will ask if you want to overwite any or all the files allready there. you can delete all the folders on the ftp site first as long as you got them all on the computer.

Bob The Nob© 22:12 14 Oct 06

No, I want it so its a webpage that show the contents of the folders. so web access see all the files.

PurplePenny 23:01 14 Oct 06

How do you know that he files are there if you can't see the index page?

Bob The Nob© 23:37 14 Oct 06

doesn't matter. I think Im not explaining it right. sorry for wasting time.

slightlymad 01:53 16 Oct 06

But I don't know how to do it, I'm afraid.

I think your use of the word "index" was confusing people. By index, you mean the contents of the directory, like this: click here.

Can anyone help, now?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…