The indestrucatble VIRUS

arear 22:45 27 Aug 03

I'm running AVG antivirus on my computer and it has detected a virus.
Its name is I-Worm/Klez.H
I ran the scanner and it cleaned up some of them but there are a few instances that it says are still infected.
I deleted the files and ran the scan again but the scan picked up the same files.
I then downloaded a file shredder and shredded the while folder that the infected files were in. I ran the scan again and found the same thing.
I then also disabled the indexing service in windows XP and ran again. The scan still pulls up the same files as infected and will not heal them.

Any ideas how to get rid of them?
Thanks

Legolas 22:49 27 Aug 03

At the very bottom of the page is the tool for removing this virus click here

Paranoid Android 22:49 27 Aug 03

Try click here

Marvin

Legolas 22:57 27 Aug 03

snap

Gaz 25 23:14 27 Aug 03

I think they will be in system restore folder, so clear your system restore points.

arear 23:26 27 Aug 03

Ive cleared the restore folders n theyre not in there and the fixers linked above say that there is no worm infection.
Is it possible that AVG is somehow remembering that they were there and is throwing up false alarms?

Terrahawk 08:42 28 Aug 03

are you running weblocker as this shows a false posotive for klez it shows as klez on some virus scanners but it is a harmless file

arear 10:33 28 Aug 03

I had to do the whole sygate fix and it seems to have worked. The sygate programme confirmed removal of the recycler files but not the others. Now AVG isnt picking anything up so it must have done something right.

Thanks
Adam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…