InDesign, TruEdit and InCopy - broken link horrors

baggi-t 22:21 02 Dec 03

I am a magazine artworker using InDesign for design and layout, with my journos and subs using InCopy link documents to enable them to edit copy (without being able to alter page layout) via the InDesign plug-in TruEdit. Nice idea in theory but the practice is throwing up some nasty bugs. Crashes and / or bugging in the process of exporting layouts to InCopy can cause the InD document to be so 'locked down' I cannot even edit it, let alone re-export, and am left reverse-engineering ~temp files to recover an editable version of the layout. Is anyone else out there using this set-up and know similar problems and / or cures?

Pesala 08:04 03 Dec 03

click here for a user group.

A search here only found one thread with the word InDesign, which was yours. I thought I had seen another unanswered thread earlier. It seems that we are all too poor to use such programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…