indeo video 5.10 codec

rogermatthews 20:36 10 Dec 09

I feel sure something like this has come up but a search returned no results

I am running WinXP with SP2. Up to now I've been happily editing videos with the finished result saved as an .avi file using the indeo 5.10 codec. Suddenly today the files won't play; the message after a short search is 'unable to download appropriate decompressor'.

I've tried removing and re-adding Windows media player (since I understand this codec comes as part of windows) and found a site to download iv5setup.exe which should install this codec, but it returns an error message during installation.

Any advice would be gratefully welcomed! Thanks

Roger

Technotiger 21:45 10 Dec 09

Try this XP Codec Pack ... click here

rogermatthews 21:52 10 Dec 09

thanks Technotiger - but no good I'm afraid, same problem after codec pack installed

Technotiger 22:10 10 Dec 09

What about a System Restore back to when it was working.

MAT ALAN 22:10 10 Dec 09

click here

click here

might help...

rogermatthews 22:20 10 Dec 09

HI Technotiger - actually I tried downloading from your link again, this time choosing 'custom' and selecting only the codec - this time it fixed it! So thank you very much indeed.

Since you mention it, I had already tried a system restore, which went through the motions, rebooted, then told me it could not restore to the chosen point! So that's another story and matter I'll have to look into; I seem to recall it happening before and there's a post somewhere on the MS website.

But my videos are back in action - thanks again!

Roger

Technotiger 22:24 10 Dec 09

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

rogermatthews 22:24 10 Dec 09

thank you too, Mat Alan, I had come across the windows advice which led me to the Indeo website, it's just that the download didn't originally work.

Thanks for your help

Roger

Technotiger 22:26 10 Dec 09

PS - don't forget to tick Resolved .... Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017