Indeo Codec??

DW9047 20:00 02 Sep 03

My Friend has purchased a Logitech Zoom Webcam and has installed it on her PC, She tells me everything went fine with the Install. But when she tries to use it to play a video file, it throws an error message which is -
the IV50 Codec is required to play file. It tells her that with Windows XP Home and service pack 1 she needs an Indeo Codec?

Can anyone advise on what she can do to get her webcam working, she wants the webcam for video conferencing with her Mom and dad. I have installed the same webcam on her dad's PC which is running Win XP home service pack 1 and it works Fine.
All I can tell you at the moment about her PC is that it was purchased from PC world in March 03, it runs Win XP Home service pack 1.

Cheers

ahales42 20:03 02 Sep 03

run Indeo Codec through Google. You should find it there.

DW9047 20:14 02 Sep 03

Thanks ahales42,

Visited the site and it is offering me the Indeo Codec for $14.95, not a lot of money I know, but can you explain why on my friends PC it is needed but on her Dads PC it is not, both using Win XP home service pack 1?

And will this definately resolve the issue!

Thanks

powerless 20:21 02 Sep 03

Has Windows been updated? click here

Download the following update: 327979

It can be found under "Windows XP" on the above click here.

ahales42 20:23 02 Sep 03

The only thing i can think of offhand is that one comp is running a prog which supplied that codec. Try copying it over, see if that works.

DW9047 20:34 02 Sep 03

Thanks Powerless,

I am sugessting to her that she try that now, will post back with the results.

Thanks

BarryKeith 21:57 02 Sep 03

Just enter "codecs" in google and you will find more than you are ever likely to need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…