Incredimail is wounded!

mada 21:21 20 May 03

I re-installed Microsoft Picture-It 1.0 a couple of nights ago as this is the only photo editor my wife likes (sad . . . I know). Now I find I can't see graphics (smileys, backgrounds, animations etc.) on Incredimail - only blank squares with red crosses(see crazycat22's earlier posting tonight. Anyone I e-mail gets the graphics and attachments OK but nothing at my end. I'm using Win98 and Internet Explorer 5.5. Anyone got any ideas.

Mada

MartinT-B 21:24 20 May 03

back up and re-install Incredimail using Data transfer to a new PC.

mada 21:35 20 May 03

Thanks MartinT-B for your fast reply.

Should I back-up to CD or will the desktop do?

MartinT-B 21:53 20 May 03

Create a folder in My Documents called Incredimail Backup.

Open incredimail go to File -> Export -> contacts and save them in the Backup file in My Docs.

Then go to File -> Data and Settings Transfer ->Transfer to a new computer, and save that in the same file.

Incredimail chooses the names for you :)

Un-install.

Clean your temp folder, defrag etc.

REBOOT!

Re-install.

Skip intro, and open incredimail.

Got to file -> Data and Settings Transfer -> Transfer from OLD computer. Point the PC to the saved file in My Documents.

That SHOULD replace all your settings - smtp etc. and Mail UP TO 2GB only.

Then File -> Import -> Contacts. point to file.

You have to replace settings before contacts.

This will not keep all your animations, but should make the standard ones work again and you can download new ones from the website

MartinT-B 22:00 20 May 03

When I say all your animations I mean extras you may have downloaded - I have over 200 from websites all over the place. I just right click and save them as my animations and pretend to my friends that they're mine!

mada 22:30 20 May 03

Thanks again MartinT-B.

That's a pretty comprehensive set of instructions you've given - I'll take a deep breath and give it a go tomorrow, and if successful I'll close the thread then. Keep up the good work!

Mada

mada 20:37 21 May 03

MartinT-B, I tried re-installing Incredimail as you suggested but the program loaded up the settings and contacts automatically, with the result that the fault (no show of emoticons etc.)still remains.

I sent myself a few test emails and it seems that Microsoft Picture-It has made itself the default GIF display program but is incapable of running the onboard animated gifs in Incredimail.

Can anyone suggest a program which I could associate with anim gifs, or does Win98 have a viewer program within its system files?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…